Keep Kids Moving!
We strongly believe children should learn and experience the health-enhancing benefits of physical exercise and build the foundation to continue a healthy active lifestyle to support mental wellbeing, physical function, and disease prevention.
Kids should know: how healthy it is to exercise & how to experience and enjoy physical activity, PLUS how beneficial it is to be physically active in natural settings.
Our classes playfully move outdoors in green spaces and spark meaningful conversations about living healthy active lifestyles.
At the end of each class, we include simple practices rooted in principles of mindfulness and positive psychology.
Physical exercise supports the physical body, brain health, happiness, and confidence!
Benefits of daily physical activity for kids:
- moderate to high-intensity aerobic exercise (a movement that increases heart rate; running, playing tag, jumping rope, bicycle rides, roller skating, swimming, etc) increases positive mood states and decreases stress, supports immune and respiratory system function
- strengthens the heart, skeletal muscles, and bone density (climbing and swinging on the playground equipment and climbing trees, pushing and pulling, grabbing heavier items, squatting, cycling)
- increases gross motor skills and proprioception, helps develop balance, core stabilizers, and coordination
- helps maintain healthy body weight and better manage blood sugar levels which can decrease the risk of developing type-2 diabetes
- improves cognitive functioning and brain health
- supports learning: increases concentration and creativity (school classes should implement movement ´brain breaks´ for enhanced learning)
- improves sleep quality