Green Blue Active for kids: Little Sprouts Active
We created Little Sprouts classes for children to engage in physical activity and well-being classes to support a healthy lifestyle.
Green Blue Active visits schools in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Brandenburg and Berlin. Our activities offer a blend of physical activity, health education and stress management practices to promote healthy habits.
This is important in our growing digitalized landscape where children and youth are excessively engaged in screentime and becoming increasingly sedentary and overweight. Recently children's emotional and mental health has been impacted due to the pandemic, and Green Blue Active aims to provide safe and health-enhancing activities for children to move and play.
Our classes are instructed by a native English-speaker. This is a great way for little ones to learn words and practice English in a playful atmosphere.
Participants are introduced to green exercise concepts:
- physical activity for mood improvement and increased 'happy' hormones
- mental restoration through mechanisms in the forest (biodiversity - "awe" factors in the forest, the parasympathetic nervous system)
- how the tree's immune system supports our immune system
- the wonderful benefits of green physical activity and behaviour change
- for older youth- the power of unplugging for well-being and mental health
NEW: Little Sprouts Green Yogis - We now offer outdoor kids yoga classes!
What are Little Sprouts Active? Little Sprouts Active are movement classes for children ages 4-12.
What is the aim of Little Sprouts Active? We want children to know that physical activity is important for their health AND moving outdoors in green spaces is fun. Our class also teaches skills to build confidence and resilience.
What sets it apart from a regular physical activity class? Not only does this class build physical literacy, gross motor skill competencies, boost energy levels and build self-esteem, we also practice breathing exercises, gratitude, and self-esteem-building activities for emotional regulation.
Little Sprouts Active supports healthy school curriculums. Little Sprouts Active classes compliments curriculums offering health and well-being, health education, physical education, and positive education.
We instruct in English. This class offers a unique method to blend healthy physical activity, nature connection, and foreign language development all in one!
We visit you. We visit schools and youth organizations and run our Little Sprouts Active class in an outdoor area.
Want to learn more? Request our Little Sprouts brochure or to book classes at your school/organization, e-mail anytime at email@example.com. We can chat via Video to plan a memorable Little Sprouts Active class for your students.
Little Sprouts Green Yogis
- Little Sprouts Green Yogis
Little Sprouts Green Yogis is interactive and fun. We use themes, stories, songs, dance and activities to keep children engaged while practicing yoga, and inspiring children to be strong, brave and peaceful. For older children, we incorporate longer discussions.
Our playful classes introduce children to yoga poses, mindfulness, and breathing exercises.
Benefits: develops concentration and focus, introduces mindfulness practice for emotional regulation, boosts self-esteem, and is fun!
Please bring a mat.
Little Sprouts Green Yogis are for ages 3-12. Classes are 30 minutes and instructed in English.
- supports a healthy and strong respiratory and immune system
- strengthens the heart, muscles, and bone density
- increases gross motor skills, develops balance, core stabilizers, and coordination
- helps maintain a healthy body weight and better manage blood sugar levels
- improves cognitive functioning and brain health
- increases concentration and supports learning in schools ('movement breaks' are fantastic to incorporate into academic lessons)
- improves mood and sleep
Access to natural environments may contribute to children being more active. Free play in natural environments can increase concentration and encourage decision-making, cooperation, creativity, and curiosity.
Children spend more time indoors and in urban settings than previous generations, with less nature contact. Childhood nature connections may increase the likelihood that as adults, they will appreciate and value nature more than those without.